Planning for Success
Our master plan sets a clear vision and strategy for the development of University District including the layout of streets and other infrastructure, transportation, and open space frameworks. The master plan also includes economic, social, and environmental sustainability as key elements for implementation.
The Master Plan for University District (formerly West Campus) sets out a structure for development that is both sensitive and serves as an asset to the greater Calgary community. The goal is to create a community that is complete, vibrant, and sustainable and fosters a high quality of life.
- To create a complete and vibrant community with a sense of place.
- To integrate and enhance the University experience while harmonizing with the surrounding communities and Calgary as a whole.
- To build on the character and strengths of the surrounding neighbourhoods.
- To leverage the knowledge and entrepreneurship in our city to realize innovation.
- To lead on environmental sustainability and social responsibility while being fiscally prudent.